Replacing words

Avoid repeating words in daily English

  • Yes
    • I do! 
    • Yup!(informal)
    • I will!
    • I have!
    • Yeah!(informal)
    • Certainly
    • Sure
    • Of Course
Example:
Q) Do you like kittens?
A) i do!

Q) Will you have a kitten soon?
 A) I will!
  
Q) Have you brought an excessive amount of cute kitten toys?
 A) I have!


  • No
    • Nope!(informal)
    • Nah!(informal)
    • No way!(informal)
    • Sorry
    • Not likely
    • Absolutely not
    • Certainly not
    • Unfortunately not
    • I'm afraid not
    • If only
Example:
Q) Do you think you'll get promotion this year?
 A) Not likely (means, no, i don't think)

Q) Are you coming tonight?
A) If only i could, but i can't.

Q) Are you going with us?
A) sorry!(it is perfectly fine alternative for no)



  • Sorry
    • I didn't mean it/to...
    • It was wrong of me....
    • I was wrong to.....
    • I should never have
    • My bad!
Example:
  • It was wrong of me to put you white work shirts in the wash with my red sweater.
  • I was wrong to go to concert without you.
  • I didn't mean to hurt you!


  • Thank you
    • You're a star!
    • You're an absolute star!
    • You are a life-saver!
    • I don't know what i'd do without you.
    • I appreciate that!

  • Okay
    • Okay-dokey!(informal)
    • All right
    • Very well
    • Right-oh(informal)
    • Fair enough




This replacing words will be helpful to you and you can speak like native speakers. Practice daily and keep trying to use in daily communication.

Uk slang words   click on the link for some more words which also helps you to improve your communication skill.

Comments