UK slang words

British English slang.Advanced pronunciation Practice. Reduction and contractions.

1. Give + me 
       gimme
example: Gimme that pen.

2. Let + me
        lemme
example: lemme come with me.

3. could + have
      coulda
example: You coulda told me yesterday.

4.Might + have
    Mighta 
example: She mighta gone to the bank today.

5. Must + have
    Musta
example: She musta taken the train.

6. Should + have
    Shoulda
example: you shoulda have done something.

7. Would + have 
     woulda
example: I woulda gone, but i was ill.

8. Going + to
     gonna
example: I'm gonna go to the shop. do you want something?

9. Have + to
    hafta
example: you hafta meet him.

10. Has + to 
      hasta
example: She hasta believe him. 

11.Want+ to
     wanna 
example: I wanna go to the market.

12. Wants + to
     Wansta 
example: She wansta come with me.

13. kind + of
      kinda
example: I kinda like it. 

14. Lots + of
      lotsa 
example: There are lotsa people here.

15. lot + of
    lotta
example: She had a lotta friends.

16. Sort + of
      Shorta
example: What shorta chocolate is that?

17. type + of
     typa
example: it's typa dark chocolate.

18. Front + of
      Frunna
example: Park is frunna the house.

19. See + you
    Seeya
example: Where are you, i can't seeya.

20. Don't + Know
   Dunna
example: I dunno.

These contractions will be help you to speak like a native English speakers๐Ÿ˜Š.


Note: Never use these in formal situations or in exams
    
Something new๐Ÿ˜: The longest word in English has 45 letters:
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis









Comments

Post a Comment