Mind Expressions



Mind expressions

  1. Thought/brain
  2. Politeness
  3. Pay attention

  • Mind
( it's similar to brain but not exactly. we can touch brain we can see brain . it's a physical thing. but we cannot touch the mind it's like a thought )
 Example:
      • Einstein had a brilliant mind.
      • Psychologists study mind.
  • On someone's mind:
(Problem someone thinking about)
Example:
      •  What's on your mind?
      •  I have a lot on my mind.

  • Have in mind
(Thinking about a person for a position. 2) Thinking about something that is right for a situation.)
Example:
      • Q) Who are you voting for?
      • A) I have Trudeau in mind.
      • Q)What do you have in mind?
      • A) Pizza!

  • Lose someone's mind
(go crazy)
Example:
      • I'm losing my mind. The cat is speaking.😁
      • I think she has lost her mind. She is wearing a winter jacket in summer.

  • Cross someone's mind
(get an idea/ quickly think of something)
Example:
      • It just crossed my mind that we need bread.
      • it crossed my mind., i should bring my umbrella because it's going to rain.

  • Mind go blank
(forget everything)
Example:
      • My mind just went blank when she asked for my number.
      • When i saw question paper, my mind just went blank.

  • Make up someone's mind
(decide)
Example:
      • I've made up my mind.
      • I have made up my mind to go university.
    • (When you made up your mind means you decide to do something)

  • Would you mind
(asking somebody to do something for me)
Example:
      • Would you mind getting me some coffee?
      • would you mind if i don't go to the party?

  • Mind the ______!
(tell somebody be careful about some sort of danger)
      • mind the gap!
      • Mind the puddle!

  • Keep in mind!
(don't forget/ pay attention)
Example:
  • Keep in mind, the bus leaves at 8 pm.)
  • Keep in mind, i'm on vocation on Monday.  
Something newπŸ˜€: dreamt id the only word that ends with mt. The word's derivatives including undreamt , daydreamt and redreamt  are the only other words that end with the same letters.
dreamt means experience dreams during sleep.

Comments

Post a Comment