Phrasal verbs for food


Today we are going to talk about some food phrasal verbs.

  • Pick up
(eat very very little)
Example:  I am sick. so, i pick at my food

  • Snack up
(it's not your lunch or dinner. eat between two meals when you are little bit hungry like popcorn, chips)
Example:  Tonight, i will snack on popcorn.

  • Pig out
(eat a lot)
Example:  I went to restaurant. I pigged out.


  • Polish off
(eat everything)
Example: Arjun polished off his dinner.

Polish off also use with drinks too. 
Example: somebody loves wine. he/she drinks the whole bottle of wine. They polished off wine. There is no more wine left.

  • Live on
(The main food somebody eat daily. like bread)
Example:  I live on Bread.


  • Cut down on
(Somebody wanna eat less or drink less )
Example:  I drink a beer a lot. I wanna cut down on beer.


  • Order in 
(call someone to bring new food. like call to pizza boy)
Example: let's order in. i'm very lazy, i cannot cook.

  • Eat out
(going to somewhere to eat. like restaurants )
Example:  1) I don't like to cook. i love to eat out. 2) let's eat out.

  • Dig out
(dig in means pretty much eat)
Example: The food is getting cold. Dig in!




 A phrasal verb is a verb + proposition or adverb which creates a different meaning from the original verb. I have explained some food phrasal verb which helps you to speak like a native English speaker. Click on Travel Phrasal you will get some travel  phrasal verbs.😊

Comments

Post a Comment